Liquid Adventures White River Rafting Hens and Pamper Parties | Midlands | KwaZulu Natal | South Africa
Liquid Adventures organise white river rafting trips for individuals, groups & Corporates, on the Umkomaas river at the Hella Hella Outdoor Adventure Centre, just outside Richmond, only 1 ½ hrs from Durban.
Rafting in an inflatable 2 man canoe, can prove to be more adventurous & fun than ever imagined!
The challenge is not only negotiating the twist and turns, but also mastering the rapids, whilst enjoying the astonishing views along the quieter sections of the river.
A typical Single day would be as follows :
- Meet at Hella Hella (22kms from Richmond) at around 9am.
- Safety briefing, paddling demo & get kitted up
- Get on the river by10am in our inflatable 2-man Crocs.
- Then travel 8 kms upstream of Hella Hella, and begin with some paddling exercises to ensure you know how to steer & control your craft.
We will then start the trip downstream back towards Hella Hella where you will encounter no less than 10 class 2 & 3 rapids – taking about 3 – 4 hours
- You will also be given the opportunity to do some Zip-lining & rock jumping during the trip (at Hella Hella)
- When applicable (depending on water levels & level of experience on the group) we will then continue on for another 2 kms encountering the notorious No.1 rapid.
- Once completed, you will get driven back to Hella Hella where your cars were left
- Grab a warm shower & some liquid refreshments of the amber colour…
What to bring :
- River shoes or takkies
- Baggies / costume
- Long sleeve rash vest (if you have) for the sun
- Towel & sun screen
- Sense of humour
Cost : R450 per person
This covers :
- All equipment hire (like Helmets, paddles, crocs)
- Liquid refreshments & snacks on the river
- Transport to & from the river from the base at Hella Hella
- River guide fees
- Full sit-down lunch at Hella Hella
You can also stay over at Hella Hella Outdoor Centre where there are ‘basic’ dorm & cottage facilities, for just over R100 pppn. They also provide fantastic meals. Click on this link to see what they offer : www.hellahella.co.za
At all times the trip and paddlers will adopt a safety first, safety always and NO compromise mindset, with a when in doubt, get out rule and NO alcohol on river.
This adventure is fine for complete novices who have NEVER even paddled before.
We can basically take trips on any day – weekdays or weekends, as long as there is sufficient water in the river, and we have at least 4 people for that trip.
Rafting in an inflatable 2 man canoe, can prove to be more adventurous & fun than ever imagined
Please complete the form or use the contact details below:
|Contact Person:||Graeme Johnston|