Planning Tools | Music, Poems & Quotes
How Can I Use Poetry at My Wedding?
For centuries, poems have been used to convey special messages. Poetry is intensely personal, and speaks straight to the heart - your chosen verses should resonate with you and express the sentiments you feel about life and love.
Your can use poetry in a variety of ways:
- As an inspiration for the theme of your wedding
- On your wedding invitation, announcing your wedding in style
- On your wedding programme, to help your guests feel included in the romance of your special occasion
- As part of your wedding vows, as a declaration of your love for each other
- As a reading at your wedding service, particularly if you wish to include a non-religious aspect to your service
- As a special wish, wedding toast or blessing about the marriage, bride or bridegroom at your wedding reception
- As part of a scrapbook of your wedding day, to record your memories for the years to come.
In the words of the Classical Greek philosopher and poet, Plato: ‘At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet.’ Since weddings are about love, shouldn’t you say it with poetry?